Saturday, October 23, 2010

Cubierta de Amor

I've felt a creative block for some weeks now, unable to produce anything I feel worth sharing. This morning I awoke with this song in my throat, an original composition, by me. I don't know where it came from. It's melody and words formed out of nowhere, as if they'd been trapped in my vocal chords, in my heart, for some time now and got tired of waiting for me to recognize and release them. I decided to record this moment on my iphone, my voice trembling, a combination of morning grog and antsy anticipation at what'd escape me next. I felt that something larger than me was taking place, being released, which both scared and intrigued me. Perhaps my hang-up, my block, the insecurity that's crippled my creativity as of late.

I listen now, happy with some sections, critical of myself in others. It is raw, very raw and I am absolutely terrified to share it here. But I will, I am, in the spirit of pushing through, of letting go of hang-ups, of passing through this moment of creative mush. In acknowledgment that not everything can be perfect, pristine. That sometimes the beauty is in the vulnerability.

Because I sing this phrase the most, the title of my tune is "Cubierta de Amor" (Covered in Love)...

Cubierta de Amor by Zana-DO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

simply beautiful. i wish i spoke/understood spanish, but i don't need translation to feel the beauty of this song. thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

esto es del lugar justo donde se sabe que donde terminamos no es la piel. es hermoso. gracias por compartir y por entender en el corazon que lo perfecto no necesariamente es lo real.
love you always. PAULA