Thursday, August 12, 2010

thisisaphototest

In just a few short weeks one of my best friends is moving to London to pursue a new phase in life. She is away this week, saying final farewells to her family in New Jersey. This temporary separation simulates more to come, and I can't deny that I've been a bit low without her. But I am so so proud of the woman she is and the woman she is growing to be.

In her absence today, I visited her photoblog, a beautiful reflection of her eye, her wit, her professional and personal integrity. The following words struck me, spoke to me, someplace deep. And they made me smile, knowing that I can and will have her near, no matter the distance.

"life can be lived in black and white. but it is the bursts of color that inspire you to do more, be better, live differently. you can call those your infrared moments where you see something in yourself that others can’t see. and sometimes that color is so vivid and bright, you can’t help but follow your dreams and hope that the end result is exactly as it should be."

Well said, ma belle.

Click here for the full post, and to be blessed with more of her curatorial genius.

No comments: