Thursday, September 2, 2010

Something Outrageous

photographer : unknown

A good friend sent me a greeting card reminding me to do something outrageous everyday, stating that it's those random acts of self expression and daring that keep our hearts beating and our souls smiling. Indeed.

For me, the most outrageous, daring thing I can do is to step out and "make my own music" so to speak, to identify and then work diligently on a project of my own. A notion that fills me with equal parts angst and joy, a swinging pendulum of high emotion that has me exhausted right now. How to balance it all, how to eliminate the fear and judgement, that's always been my question.

This photograph by an unknown photographer (if you know the origin, please do share), pulled all of these thoughts together for me this morning. An artist at his craft, at his love, independent of yet amidst the crowd.

Here's to the courage to step out and do something outrageous, to getting going, to being kind to oneself in the process.

No comments: