Sunday, May 2, 2010

Singapore Sling

So it's official, 2010 will be the year these pretty little toes first touch Asian soil. An old friends wedding in Singapore will be the enabler.

I'd told everyone that, this year, my big adventure would take place within the borders of this fair country. Because I still can't say I've walked the Mojave, seen the Grand Canyon, the Redwood Forest, or sipped the fruits of an American vineyard, my plan was to fly west, rent a car and drive Route 1. It still sounds so romantic but, once again, that adventure has been postponed.

I think it was the invitation to a pre-wedding weekend on the private Indonesian island, Pulau Suka, that eventually swayed my decision. And, of course, my love for my friend. And this serendipitous article in this weekends travel section.

Asia it is.

No comments: