Thursday, March 11, 2010

500 Days of Summer

I've finally gotten around to watching 500 Days of Summer, a movie I was afraid to watch for fear it'd draw me back into a self pitied funk over love lost. Surprisingly, I sit here refreshed, feeling relieved.


There is no such thing as fate. Well, better said, fate is a hard reality to manifest. It requires that all parties are in alignment. And, in love, that is very rarely the case. One persons everything might be another persons right now; a memory etched as fragrant in the mind of one might have left nary an imprint on the heart of the other. Or, worse, be a sign of something amiss. It's all about perception, and timing. Nothing and everything personal. And, while this might seem obvious, sometimes we, or I, need to see it played out in the lives of others, or in art, for it to ring true once more. The heart is a remedial student.

Tonight I go to bed happy to lay the past to rest. Content to live in the present, even more content to say it and mean it. Day 1.

No comments: